It now applies to all 28 EU member states, with the exception of six countries: the UK and Ireland (which do not have to join it); Cyprus (which cannot join as long as the island is divided); Romania and Bulgaria (because the Schengen states don’t want to admit them yet); and Croatia (which is not yet ready to join). There are also four associated countries which apply Schengen, even though they are not part of the EU: Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
Pre- requisites For Schengen VISA:
- The earliest you can file a Schengen visa application is: three months before you start your planned trip.
- The recommended time to file a Schengen visa application is: at least three weeks before your trip for local consulate. In case of remote consulate at least a month prior to your travel you need to file visa.
- You need to apply Schengen visa from that country where you are staying maximum number of days
- You need to book your flight tickets for each hop as well as hotel bookings before you apply for visa.
- A travel medical insurance is required with minimum coverage of 30k Euros per person throughout schengen region.
List of Documents to carry:
- Visa Application Appointment Letter
- Passport Photocopy
- Photocopy of all stamped pages in passport.
- Visa Application Letter
- Cover Letter
- Air ticket bookings all hops
- All hotel bookings
- IT RETURNS – 3 yrs
- Payslip- 3 months
- Bank statement with seal and signature- 6 months
- Travel medical insurance
- 12. Employer NOC with approved leaves and seal of company
- 13. Marriage certificate
- 14. Photos -2 (as per visa spec)
- Original docs:
- All passports 2.
- Company NOC letter
- Aadhar (not mandatory but good to have)
- Marriage Certificate (in case you are married)
- Gems clips
- Credit n debit card
- Cash for visa amount
Some important things not mentioned anywhere in the vfs global website:
- You are not supposed to staple the documents, you can however use gems clips to segregate.
- You are not allowed to carry any other luggage such a laptop bag inside the vfs office. Better go there with minimum belongings- folder with documents, purse etc.
- Take the photo only from authorised places (example- GK Vale)
- Courier charges within city is Rs 450 ( in case you want to get the passport couriered to your house). But you should be present at your residence with an ID card to collect the same, else it will be returned.
Tips for France VISA from VFS Global Bangalore:
- The address of vfs France Bangalore is mentioned no where in the internet. Once you submit the application, only then you can see it. The address is: Global Tech Park, No 11 First floor O’ Shaughnessy Road, Langford Town, Next to Divyashree Chambers, Bangalore-25
- If you are coming to VFS by car, better to park at Garuda mall which 2.2 kms to vfs ofc. Then take an a rickshaw to vfs. There is no parking available near the VFS office.
- Vfs france does not accept card payment, so better to carry full cash. They do have atms inside the vfs but sometimes they are not functional.
- Visa processing is pretty fast. In our case, we received the stamped passport within 48 hours!
- As of october 2019, the cost per person for france visa came around 7K including courier charges. Kindly note the visa processing fees (1400) is not mentioned in website.
- Fees Breakup: VISA Fee- Rs 4724, Processing Fee- Rs1371, Courier Charges: Rs 450, SMS Fee- Rs150, Tax-Rs 200.
- If you are considering a Trip to Paris, check out some useful tips for planning the trip here.